Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations, 7th Edition (PDF) provides a unique, upstream preventive focus and a strong social justice approach, all in a concise, easy-to-read textbook. Covering the nurses’ role in promoting community health, it shows how students can take an active role in social action and health policy – emphasizing society’s responsibility to protect all human life and ensuring that diverse and vulnerable populations have their basic health needs met. Clinical examples and photo novellas showing how nursing concepts apply to the real world. Written by community health nursing experts Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen, this ebook describes the issues and responsibilities of today’s community and public health nurse.
- Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
- Healthy People 2020 boxes include the most current national health care objectives.
- UNIQUE! A ‘social justice’ approach promotes health for all people, including vulnerable populations.
- Research Highlights boxes show the application of research studies to the practice of community nursing.
- Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns that the community/public health nurse may encounter.
- Case Studies present the theory, concepts, and application of the nursing process in practical and manageable examples.
- Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines at the beginning of every chapter introduce important concepts and terminology.
- Application of the nursing process at the individual, family, and aggregate levels highlights the community perspective in all health situations
- UNIQUE! Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
- Theoretical frameworks were common to nursing and public health aid in the application of familiar and new theory bases to problems and challenges in the community.
- UNIQUE! ‘Upstream’ preventive focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community, addressing potential health problems before they occur.
What’s New in the Seventh Edition:
- NEW AND UNIQUE! A Veterans Health chapter presents situations and considerations unique to the care of veterans.
- NEW! Active Learning boxes test your knowledge of the content you’ve just read, helping provide clinical application and knowledge retention.
- NEW! Genetics in Public Health boxes reflects increasing scientific evidence supporting the health benefits of using genetic tests and family health history to guide public health interventions.
Additonal ISBNs: 978-0323544016, 978-0323544030, 978-0323694216, , 0323544037, 0323694217, 9780323544030,
NOTE: This sale only includes a converted PDF of Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populations 7e. Page numbers will NOT match the physical book.